Today we watched Gavin play one of his last games of soccer. His head took a beating. During the game, he tripped and slid on his back while banging the back of his head on the gym floor (he all ready had a lump there from a previous injury at home). Then, while he was goalie, a player kicked the ball which came flying at Gavin and smacked him right in the middle of the forehead. He got laid out by it. Brad and I held our breaths, and I even debated on going out to him knowing he was upset. But, of course, after a couple of minutes, he got up, parents cheered, and everything was fine. Later, though, Gavin tells me I should have been out there to help him because he was crying. We were trying so hard to not be "that parent." Soccer has been done for an hour now and he's still talking about it. Thank goodness the ball wasn't a traditional soccer ball. Next Sat. will be his last game and then it's on to basketball.
Our Family . . .
Saturday, February 21, 2009
Head or Helmet?
Today we watched Gavin play one of his last games of soccer. His head took a beating. During the game, he tripped and slid on his back while banging the back of his head on the gym floor (he all ready had a lump there from a previous injury at home). Then, while he was goalie, a player kicked the ball which came flying at Gavin and smacked him right in the middle of the forehead. He got laid out by it. Brad and I held our breaths, and I even debated on going out to him knowing he was upset. But, of course, after a couple of minutes, he got up, parents cheered, and everything was fine. Later, though, Gavin tells me I should have been out there to help him because he was crying. We were trying so hard to not be "that parent." Soccer has been done for an hour now and he's still talking about it. Thank goodness the ball wasn't a traditional soccer ball. Next Sat. will be his last game and then it's on to basketball.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)





No comments:
Post a Comment